About Me

My photo
My husband and I moved from Mississippi to South Carolina in July of 2012. We are excited to share our adventures from our new home!

Favorites

Powered by Blogger.

Amazon

Thursday, September 20, 2012

From Flatlands to Mountains

I must say that moving 10 hours away from where I grew up was definitely one of the biggest moments of my life. When Justin and I started the discussion of "spreading our wings", I always kinda thought it would just be something we talked about. I still cannot believe how quickly things fell into place. Our interviews started May 21 and we were moved and working in SC by July 1. 

We decided to make camp in a town just north of Greenville called Travelers Rest. This precious little town keeps us close to downtown but lets us play in the mountains whenever we want. Our first adventure was tubing down the Green River in with my cousin Lauren and her fiance, Tim. We had so much fun!


We ventured out on our own a few weekends later to a place called Twin Falls which was so beautiful. I got us lost on the way there but cannot wait to go back and spend more time there. 



By far our favorite spot in "TR" is The Barker Bar. It is a bar that lets you bring your dogs in with you! I must say that this is probably Toby and Charlie's favorite place too. Patti, who owns the bar is so sweet and played a big part in us feeling at home here. 



We will keep updating on the new adventures from South Carolina!


No comments:

Post a Comment