About Me

My photo
My husband and I moved from Mississippi to South Carolina in July of 2012. We are excited to share our adventures from our new home!

Favorites

Powered by Blogger.

Amazon

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Surviving the Color Run!!!

The color run started at 43 degrees!! It was so cold, but needless to say by the first mile marker,  I was sweating a nice shade of purple. I was pretty much a lone ranger throughout the race. For someone who had not trained for the run, I was pretty proud of myself for only taking three, 30 second walking breaks throughout the whole thing! (Mind you, I am writing this post from my bed....probably should've taken more walking breaks.) 

The run was to raise support and awareness of Mental Health America of Greenville County, as they recognized that 1 in 4 Americans are affected by a mental illness, each year. This was their first color run and it was great to see so many volunteers giving their time on a cooold Saturday morning. Even though I grumbled all morning about having to run in the cold, I am so glad that I got out there and showed my support. As someone who works with mental illnesses everyday, it is encouraging to see others raising awareness about them. 

My sweet husband was my supportive cheerleader all morning. He cheered me out of bed, at the beginning, middle, and end of the race. Thanks to him, and his frozen hands, I have pictures and videos clips to show y'all!

Freeezing before the race started!

 Halfway there!! Had no idea he was even standing there.




Thank the Lord...the finish line!






Had so much fun! Cannot wait to do it again next year!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know exactly why but I cried during the clip of you crossing the finish line. So proud of you and the work you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, you are so sweet! Thank you for the support!

      Delete