About Me

My photo
My husband and I moved from Mississippi to South Carolina in July of 2012. We are excited to share our adventures from our new home!

Favorites

Powered by Blogger.

Amazon

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Colors 4 Hope Walk/Run

I have been talking about doing a color run for I don't know how long and was thrilled to see that Greenville was going to start their own AND it will be in my town, Travelers Rest! Not only is it a super happy event but it also serves a wonderful purpose.
 
Mental Health America of Greenville County (MHAGC), which is a non profit organization dedicated to promoting positive mental health, recognized that 1 in 4 Americans were directly affected by mental illness this year. MHAGC is organizign Colors 4 Hope to raise awareness of mental health issues and to make mental wellness more visible as a health priority in Greenville. All proceeds will benefit programs operated by MHAGC.
 
As a mental health therapist, I am very excited to see people raising awareness about mental illnesses and the effect it has not only on those diagnosed, but also their family and friends. Working in this field is rewarding but can be discouraging and tiresome. I love seeing such a lively and happy event being associated with this particular fundraiser. It definitely gives me a sense of hope!!
 
For more information of the event check out the aritcle in The Tribune or at MHAGC website. I hope to see you there!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment