About Me

My photo
My husband and I moved from Mississippi to South Carolina in July of 2012. We are excited to share our adventures from our new home!

Favorites

Powered by Blogger.

Amazon

Monday, December 31, 2012

The Year of Giving

I was inspired this month over different posts about helping others and not focusing as much on ourselves. This thought process is part of what makes this time of year so wonderful. It usually begins around Thanksgiving with everyone expressing gratitude for things in life that are usually taken for granted. This is followed by Christmas, when people embrace the concept of giving to others. Even though we can't make the holidays last all year, why can't we maintain this giving frame of mind? 

I'm not entirely sure how to incorporate this into the blog (suggestions welcome). I want to take those ideas like giving an extra large tip, donating clothes, helping a neighbor, sending an uplifting card, etc. and spread them out over the year. The last thing I want is for this to look like "hey look at me, doing good deeds." I want this to encourage others to keep up the giving spirit year round.  I want to be able to learn new ideas on ways to uplift others. 

So, as we head into 2013 (holy cow 2012 flew by!) I would like to propose that we carry out our holiday frame of mind all year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment