About Me

My photo
My husband and I moved from Mississippi to South Carolina in July of 2012. We are excited to share our adventures from our new home!

Favorites

Powered by Blogger.

Amazon

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Groving Goodies

I live in Oxford, Ms which inevitably means that I am part of a tent group in the grove at Ole Miss. Although I am a State fan (gasp) I enjoy socializing in the Grove. Now that I am a married woman, I participate in the bringing of food to the tent. Although J would be just fine to buy food to take, I am determined to practice my cooking skills and find some tasty reipes.

My first mouth watering find:

Ham and Cheese Sliders

courtesy of

24 good white dinner rolls
24 pieces good honey ham
24 small slices Swiss cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup miracle whip

Poppy seed sauce (you probably could half this...I had plenty extra)
1 T poppyseeds
1 1/2 T yellow mustard
1 stick butter, melted
1 T minced onion
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.

In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes. Serve warm.

** sandwiches can be assembled a day ahead and kept in the fridge ready to bake.

Doesn't this just sound delicious?! I am pretty sure that I am going to serve these at my main dish game!

No comments:

Post a Comment